It’s Thursday, and that means that a new Write! update is out.
Per user request, we added the option to create offline documents. All documents created in older Write! versions were in Cloud upon creation by default, and had to be removed from it manually to be saved in local storage. Starting with 1.14.0, the process is much easier: use a hotkey, and a local document will be created, bypassing Cloud entirely. Enjoy your new Write!
Here’s what’s new in Write! 1.14.0:
- Implemented the option to create offline documents. There are now several ways to create a locally stored document:
- By using a shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+N);
- By clicking ‘New Local Document’ in the File menu or a tab’s context menu;
- By holding down Ctrl and clicking the + button next to the rightmost open tab;
- Added ‘Reopen Closed Tab’ option to the context menu;
- Added Enter key support for confirming Autocomplete suggestions on Mac;
- Optimized Note-taking mode to work better with high DPI monitors;
- Optimized Settings window positioning on dual monitor setups;
- Fixed the issue where autocomplete caused Write! to freeze when typing certain words preceded by an em dash;
- Fixed the issue with Focus mode highlighting two paragraphs at once.
Alternatively, you can go to your Account (you need to be logged in), navigate to the Download tab, and get the latest version for your OS there.
As always, we eagerly await your feedback on our UserVoice page.