Welcome to a new update to v 1.48.1. There is a number of significant updates in this version, such as added a new feature of Cloud documents cross-reference within Write!, added a saving export format by default, improved the way counters worked and more.
Here’s what’s new in Write! 1.48.1:
Create a cross-reference of Cloud documents
Cross-reference allows you to link different Cloud documents within Write!. For example, while creating a document, you want to refer to another earlier created file.
You can create a cross-link in 2 ways:
a) type in “@” symbol and choose a document from a drop-down list;
b) select a document in a Cloud panel > right-click on it > Insert Cross-reference.
Other features covered in this release:
- Removed “Activate Tab” shortcuts that allowed switching tabs by pressing Alt+1… Alt+9. To assign new shortcuts responsible for this function, press F1 > find “Activate Tab 1…9” > input any convenient key combinations;
- Added a saving export format by default. Write! remembers the last exporting format and suggests you save current document in the same format (“Save As” option works the same way);
- Improved the work with counters. Now after the limit is exceeded you will be informed with an audible signal and icon will change its color to red after. Now, by selecting a text fragment in the panel with the counters you can see the data for this particular text fragment;
- Improved the way a Spellchecker worked. Now, space will be added automatically after each word typed in using Spellchecker;
- Improved an overall working flow with tabs. When you have many tabs open, it became easier to switch between them using a mouse. Now we don’t show a Close icon when you hover over the tab, thus you don’t need to worry that the tab will be closed accidentally;
- A mouse pointer is hidden upon typing. Now, the mouse cursor disappears when you start typing and appears again instantly when you move the mouse;
- Fixed a bug with saving local files to Dropbox;
- Other minor bug fixes.
To get the latest update, open Write! and click on in the lower right corner of the app’s window.
Alternatively, you can go to your Account (you need to be logged in), navigate to the Download tab, and get the latest version for your OS there.
As always, we eagerly await your feedback on our UserVoice page.