In this update, we have added a few more features such as an ability to install Write! without having administrator rights, ability to change the basic properties of text and fixed minor bugs.
Here’s what’s new in Write! 1.56.0:
- The ability to hide tabs in Normal mode. To activate this function, go to Menu > Settings > General > tick Hide tabs in normal mode;
- Added an ability to install Write! without having administrator rights.
Please do the next steps in order to finish the setup process successfully:
1) As soon as the installation starts – click on the Options button, then choose “Install just for you” and the path to the folder where you have permissions to install apps.
2) Press Install. As soon as the sign with the request for administrator’s rights appears, close it or press “no”.
- Added an ability to change the basic properties of text, e.g capitalization, small caps, subscript, superscript. There are 2 ways you can apply any of them to your text:
1) Select a fragment of the text > go to Menu > Format > choose either Superscript/Subscript or open Capitalization and choose a capitalization mode you want to apply to the selected text. Do the same actions if you are about to start writing to preliminarily apply the chosen mode all your further written text.
2) Apply shortcuts to all or some of abovementioned basic properties of the text. Press F1 > choose the property > assign a shortcut and use when it is necessary.
- Fixed the bug with saving to Google Drive;
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
To get the latest update, open Write! and click on in the lower right corner of the app’s window.
Alternatively, you can go to your Account (you need to be logged in), navigate to the Download tab, and get the latest version for your OS there.
As always, we eagerly await your feedback on our UserVoice page.