Today we released a scheduled update with the auto-rename feature, new Markup mode, and other improvements.
Here’s what’s new in Write! 1.60.0:
Auto-rename new documents
Now, Write! generates new document name automatically according to the first line of a text by default. If the first line is empty, Write! will use the second line as the name of the document.
You can always change document name by yourself through rename option in tab or side panel context menu as well as by double-clicking on the file name. In this case, the file name is saved and automatic renaming does not apply to this document any more. The same rule applies if the document was closed or the session was switched.
Note that some symbols are not allowed to be used in a file name on Windows (e.g. \/:*?”<>|) so, they will be automatically replaced with space.
To disable/enable Auto-rename go to Menu > File > Settings > General > untick/tick Auto-rename new documents.
Changes in Markup
- Added “Plain Text” option to the dialog box at the opening of Markup document. In this mode document displayed with tags depending on markup syntax being used (markdown, textile or wiki).
Untick Markup Syntax check-mark in settings to prevent converting markup tags to rich text while you are typing.
If in “Plain Text” mode to apply any text formatting using context menu or keyboard shortcut (for example Ctrl+B) the text becomes bold, tags won’t be displayed immediately, they will be shown only after saving and reopening document;
- Added “Preview in Rich Text” tab menu item, that converts Markup to rich text;
- Added highlighting of the markup tags.
This is our first and quite simple version of the upcoming new Markup mode.
- The “Create new documents locally” item moved from General to Advanced section in Settings menu;
- Added an ability to open all file types;
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
To get the latest update, open Write! and click on in the lower right corner of the app’s window.
Alternatively, you can go to your Account (you need to be logged in), navigate to the Download tab, and get the latest version for your OS there.
As always, we eagerly await your feedback on our UserVoice page.