Today we released a scheduled update with the merge documents feature, new black theme, RTL improvements and a couple of other bug fixes.
Here’s what’s new in Write! 1.64.0
- Merge documents feature. Works with both cloud and local documents. To get started: open side panel → select documents → merge documents via a context menu. Documents will be merged in the same order they were selected. (Please note, the original files are not deleted and are fully accessible);
- Long-awaited black theme;
- Auto-replaceable characters (see an image below);
- Non-breaking space (Ctrl+Shift+Space bar, ⌥ + Space bar on Mac) and hyphen (Ctrl+Shift+-, Empty on Mac). Please note that you can change any keyboard shortcut via Shortcut manager (F1);
- Added an ability to insert a Page Break (Menu > Format > Page Break > Insert Page Break). A Page Break will be inserted at the start of the paragraph where the cursor is currently placed (no additional marks displayed). If there is some text selected — a Page Break will be inserted at the start of each paragraph inside a selection. Also you can Clear Page Break on current paragraph or Clear All Page Breaks in the document;
- Added an ability to define words with Power Thesaurus;
- RTL cursor behavior improvements;
- Fixed scrolling of the document to the cursor after resize;
- Fixed a rare bug when saved draft of a local document stored in multiple sessions;
- Fixed duplicate feature. Now cloud documents are duplicated to the cloud, local documents — as local drafts;
- Minor UI fixes;
- Other stability and performance improvements.
To get the latest update, open Write! and click on in the lower right corner of the app’s window.
Alternatively, you can go to your Account (you need to be logged in), navigate to the Download tab, and get the latest version for your OS there.
As always, we eagerly await your feedback on our UserVoice page.