In this release of Write! we have changed the logic of switching between window modes by pressing F9, added an “Open Document Location” action for Cloud documents, removed a Ctrl+Alt+C shortcut which was responsible for a “Copy as HTML” function, and fixed a few little bugs.
Here’s what’s new in Write! 1.47.0:
- Change the logic of switching between window modes by pressing F9, now by pressing it the Write! window switches only between 2 modes: normal (default) and notes (mini);
- Changed the way a Maximized mode worked on Windows. Now, by pressing the maximize button, Write! maximizes its window, but the Windows taskbar remains visible (in comparison to, when opening a Fullscreen mode by pressing F11, the Windows sidebar is hidden);
- Improved a “Copy as HTML” feature;
- Added an “Open Document Location” action for cloud documents. Right-click on the tab with the open document and choose “Open document location”. This function may be a great help if you have many documents in the Cloud and want to find one of them for further actions (e.g. move to the folder etc.). This function works for local documents as well;
- Removed the Ctrl+Alt+C shortcut which was responsible for a “Copy as HTML” function. To assign a new shortcut for this function, press F1 > find “Copy as HTML” > input any convenient key combination;
- Added an ability to assign shortcuts for Upper Case and Lower Case, they are empty by default;
- Improved an autocomplete and spell-checker functionality;
- Fixed an issue with an Alt-Tabbing on Linux;
- Other minor bug fixes.
To get the latest update, open Write! and click on in the lower right corner of the app’s window.
Alternatively, you can go to your Account (you need to be logged in), navigate to the Download tab, and get the latest version for your OS there.
As always, we eagerly await your feedback on our UserVoice page.