Hey, writers! Your scheduled Write! update is here. We’re adding some new functionality and fixing a few bugs.
Here’s what’s new in Write! 1.12.0:
- Ctrl+0 resets paragraph styles like headers, quote, emphasized, code, and list formatting to regular text;
- ‘Clear Formatting’ in the context menu resets text formatting like bold, light, italic, underlined, strikethrough, upper case and lower case;
- Folding text under headings is now available in its own context menu. Right-click next to a header to open it;
- ‘Show folding markers’ option has been added to Settings. They will always be displayed with this setting enabled, and only shown upon hover when disabled;
- You can now place unanchored hotlinks. Press Ctrl+Space and input your link into the Hyperlink field;
- Fixed the bug with text selecting inside lists;
- Fixed text entry issue after pressing Tab key while renaming document;
- Fixed Cloud connection issues on Mac clients;
- Other minor bug fixes.
Alternatively, you can go to your Account (you need to be logged in), navigate to the Download tab, and get the latest version for your OS there.
As always, we eagerly await your feedback on our UserVoice page.
Write! for Students: Get Your Write! for Free
It’s been a busy few weeks. After releasing a new update and shifting to a different payment model, we’re ready to give you something even better. We’re proud to announce Write! for Students — a free Write! account for any college or university student who wants it. After some users inquired about a student discount, […]
Write! Is No Longer Subscription-Based
It’s been a while since the last major update of Write!, and today we release Write! 1.11.0 which includes the update to payment model, some new features and a few minor fixes. Write! Lifetime First, a major announcement about the Write! subscription model. You’ve been requesting it ever since Write! came out with Free and […]
Write! 1.9.0 Adds Export to DOCX
Hey, writers! After several updates with minor bug fixes, today we are delivering something you’ve all been waiting for. Export to DOCX Apart from exporting to .html, .pdf, .txt, odt and .mdown, you can now export to .docx. In order to do it, use the Ctrl+Shift+E shortcut, or go to the File menu and click […]