As it was promised earlier, we continue working on the Local Documents Panel and overall Write! performance bettering.
Here’s what’s new in Write! 1.51.0:
- Added an action Set as Root to the Local Panel folders. To set a root folder, right click on it and press Set as Root. Additionally, you can assign a shortcut for this action.
Added a Recent Folders list in the Local Documents Panel (F5)
The idea behind this feature is that the latest opened 10 root folders (that were chosen using Set as Root or Open Folder) will be shown in the drop-down list when clicking on the folder in a header part of the Local Documents side bar.
There are 2 shortcuts that were created to help you in navigating through the list:
– Reopen Previous Folder (Ctrl+Shift+R / ⇧⌘R) – to switch between active and the first item in the list of Recent Folders;
– Toggle Recent Folders (Ctrl+Alt+R / ⌥⌘R) – to select/go through all the folders one by one in the list of Recent Folders.
The list of the Recent Folders remains the same even after the restart of the app. You can clean the list manually through the context menu. In the next update, we will bring the option to clear recent folders one by one.
Other features covered in this release:
- Added an ability to set a shortcut for a Log Out action. It will be useful for those of you who want to lock access to private data stored in Write! in case one computer being shared;
- Added an “Open Location” item to the Local Documents Panel. To see/use it, right-click on the name of any item in the Local Panel (a default file manager window will be open);
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
To get the latest update, open Write! and click on in the lower right corner of the app’s window.
Alternatively, you can go to your Account (you need to be logged in), navigate to the Download tab, and get the latest version for your OS there.
As always, we eagerly await your feedback on our UserVoice page.